Ok so has anyone else as been as obsessed with Love Island as me?! As in I can’t stop saying ‘tuna melt’ ‘my type on paper’ like what am I going to do with my evenings now it’s over??
Now that’s off my chest let’s talk about my other addiction shall we?! Eggs, Avocado, breakfast in general. But you knew that already right? As I always bang on about how much I love breakfast I thought I would share another one of my super simple, healthy, easy to make recipes. For those days you fancy whipping up something at home! Say hello to my spicy scrambled eggs…for that little morning kick.
- 2 or 3 British Lion Eggs
- Fresh Chilli
- Fresh Onions
- Spring Onions
- Rye bread
- Coconut oil
- Coriander – I am not a fan of coriander but it would work for this dish
- Optional sides – asparagus and tomatoes and of course avocado
- Chilli oil drizzle
- Finely slice the onions and chilli
- Put the rye bread into the grill or toaster
- Crack your eggs into a large pre heated pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Stir your scrambled eggs slowly on a low heat (my secret trick to super creamy scrambled eggs…trust me!!)
- Then add in the chilli and onion for extra flavour and continue stirring
- Once the rye bread is nearly toasted (I like mine super crispy)
- Add in the spinach to the eggs so it wilts a bit
- Then pile all the eggs/spinach/chilli mix onto the rye bread
- Drizzle with chilli oil and sit back and enjoy
- Scrambled eggs with a bit of spice, to keep things interesting
My favourite eggs in London because sometimes you just got to go out for breakfast or brunch (trust me I have done the legwork)
- Caravan…I am fully obsessed with this place and you will often find me there on a weekend. They do incredible avocado on toast and poached eggs. The amount of avocado they give you is pretty damn generous….nobody likes a stingy amount of avo right. Also their coffee is delicious as are their smoothies! Am I selling this place already?!
- Granger & Co…everyone has heard of Granger & Cos eggs right? They have a secret formula to their scrambled eggs so they look like they are whipped. Fluffy, creamy and light these are scrambled egg goals. Their poached egg game is pretty strong as well, I always go for their fresh aussie by the way it’s one of my favourite breakfasts in London.
- The Riding House Cafe...again I always go for poached eggs and avocado. Because if it’s not broke then don’t fix it right? Always tastes amazing, good sized portions and great coffee.
- The Exmouth Market Grind..this place is literally my IG heaven. Marble tables, neon signs, loads of plants and delicious food. The poached eggs and avocado is delicious, I always get a side of salmon as their portions as delicious and packed full of flavour but sometimes quite small.
This post is in collaboration with British Lion Eggs