The other week I hopped on a plane to my favourite place with one of my favourite people. You guessed it Ibiza right, this time I was heading back to Our Retreat with Lottie Murphy for a week of wellbeing, fitness and all the healthiest food. Absolute dream.
Now the last time I went to Our Retreat it was a bit of a life changing week for me. My body confidence was pretty low and there was lots going on with my hormones etc. I was super stressed, London life was draining me and I felt like I was burning the candle at both ends. I left the week with Our Retreat and felt like a new woman, it opened my eyes to switching off and giving my body the break it needed.
It was great going back for a second time and experiencing the retreat in a different head space. I loved it just as much. I have been on many a retreat and not many have come close to Our Retreat when it comes to detail, its the perfect mix of wellbeing, fitness, healthy food and switching off. So I thought I would round up a few of the life lessons I took away with me from this week.
- Switching off and relaxing is so so important- we live in such a crazy fast paced world and many of us including myself don’t switch off enough. Our Retreat taught me this the first time and reinforced this for me once again.
- Read more – I love reading, and I just don’t do it enough. There is something magical about getting lost in a book and forgetting the world. So I have made a promise to myself that in the evenings before I go to bed I am going to read. Anyone got any great book suggestions?
- Don’t look at my phone before bed – following on from number 2, easier said than done right trust me I know…
- Drink more water – again sounds simple enough but a small change that can make a huge difference.
- Write down what makes you happy and do these things as much as you can. Do what makes you happy right…simple.
- Now write down what makes you sad/angry or stressed and try and eliminate them from your life. Be brutally honest.
- Don’t restrict or calorie control just eat well. Fresh, healthy wholesome ingredients is crucial – your body will thank you for it.
- You don’t have to spend hours on exercise – keep your HIIT sessions short and sweet, challenge your body and keep things interesting. To many of us over exercise….exercise smart instead (words of wisdom from Richie Norton)
- Surround yourself with good people…people that make you smile and laugh they are the good eggs in life. Keep them.
- Travelling with a best friend is such an amazing experience. As much as I love going to retreats by myself and meeting new people it was so nice to be able to share the Our Retreat experience with Lottie.
- Retreats are the best thing for your mind and body. I recommend everyone takes a week out of life’s craziness and experiences a retreat. Warning…it may change your life
A lot of lessons I know, who knew a week could teach you so much? Also below are some pictures of the amazing villa and food (cooked by the amazing Ali from The Ibiza Kitchen) from the retreat itself. I will let the pictures do the talking as words don’t do it justice.
For more information about Our Retreat visit their website HERE